Submitted by: Cathy
If you’ve been through a divorce, you know the pain of divorce. Did you know or have you yet discovered the benefits though? I know it is hard to believe that divorce has its benefits, especially if you are someone who didn’t want a divorce.
Just ask any woman who has gone through a divorce and gone on to create a new life for herself and you will be told how much she has grown and come into her own now that her divorce is behind her. What are the benefits of divorce to the smart, insightful woman?
- A new sense of self with an acute awareness of your strengths and talents.
- Heightened wisdom that comes along with having survived a major life transition.
- The freedom to do what you want to, when you want to. WOOT!
- A life lived based on your values, living based on what is important to YOU.
- Peace of mind, a home free of conflict, no more walking on eggshells!
- An illumination of your sexuality and the ability to create a sex life based on what you define as “passion.”
- New found confidence, self-esteem and personal growth. Adversity is life’s way of teaching, if you pay attention you will flourish.
These benefits won’t drop into your lap; they don’t come without first properly navigating the divorce process. Women who chose to be mindful of the process, learn from it and explore what it has to offer are more likely to reap the benefits above.